‘Roll… Flow… Feel’ – find calm ground via feelings, emotions and action
Date: 18th November 2017
Venue: Harrogate Yoga, 31 York Place, Harrogate, HG1 5RH
Time: 10.00am – 1.00pm
Cost: £40 (early birds – £35 before October 21st)
Places available: 9
The morning will comprise an experiential approach to the Visceral System and the Autonomic Nervous System – including the Vagus Nerve. We will explore these systems through slow, inwardly focused inquiries and outwardly focused dynamic movements/asana.
Notes: Workshop - Roll...Flow...Feel. November 18th. 10.00am - 1.00pm
If you'd like to pay by BACS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request payment details.
New Student?- Please download and fill in a health form then send it in when booking any of the classes.
North Yorkshire Yoga Federation – Spring Seminar 2018 with Amanda Latchmore
‘Finding calm ground to support us in our daily lives’
Date: 10th March 2018
Venue: Park Grove School, York YO31 8LG
Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Cost: £25 NYYF members; £30 non-members
Send SAE to: Barbara Wills (Treasurer), 6 Park Grove, York YO31 8LG – with cheque payable to NYYF
To book: contact Barbara Wills 01904 620765
The day will be an opportunity to fine-tune our perspective towards activity and rest. In practice, this will include an experiential approach to both the visceral system and the autonomic nervous system – together with the vagus nerve. We will explore these systems through quiet, inwardly focused inquiries and more outwardly focused flowing movements/asana. The aim will be to develop resources for balance in the ANS.
Bring & Share Vegetarian Lunch
If you’d like to hear about upcoming workshops with Amanda plus other news, please subscribe to the Harrogate Yoga newsletter on the Home Page subscribe to newsletter (There are only about six of them a year!)
Workshops and Training Day Testimonials
- Amanda's calm, centred, humble and very competent way of teaching made for a very therapeutic experience. Perfect amount of content - totally flowed seamlessly.
- Thank you very much Amanda for the day of yoga at Stowupland. Both you and the DVD were inspirational. You have whetted my appetite for finding out more about training in the mind/body field. I'm sure I wasn't the only one in Suffolk who went home feeling that they'd had a really good day and learnt a lot.
- I thoroughly enjoyed the day and found it very useful both as a teacher and a student. It has brought home the importance of fluidity as opposed to rigidity when practising yoga. The principles/ideas discussed and demonstrated will really help to enhance my personal practice, as well as that of my students, when I introduce them into my classes.
- I felt wonderful during the session - my body felt so fluid, everything was possible in body and mind. Lovely feeling.
- Just got back from the BWY regional AGM and Yoga Day. Very interesting day working with Amanda Latchmore on The Essential Breath. Exploring breathing patterns and techniques. Had a great day... hoping to incorporate some of Amanda's techniques in my classes.
- Amanda's tutoring has truly changed the way I transition into asanas and also the connection I feel to the earth when I'm practising yoga. I also think working from centre makes you stronger - physically and mentally.
- Thank you for a most excellent day on Saturday. Your workshops just get better and better. I was SO relaxed and composed after it, both physically and mentally refreshed. I felt that each session worked well with the preceding one, making a good structure and flow to the whole day.