Morning Workshop – Balancing Better with a Somatic Approach
This workshop will include many strategies towards better balance – we’ll learn how habits in movement and posture, foot issues and gaze can influence this. After practising various supine and prone developmental movement patterns, plus foot patterns practice, we’ll observe our normal walking, and how stable we feel in yoga asana, including balances. The morning will also include breath awareness and a guided relaxation.
Date: 20th January 2024
Venue: Well House Yoga Space, Cote Hill Road, Felliscliffe, Harrogate, HG3 2LN
Time: 9.30am – 1.00pm
To book: contact Amanda
There are more workshops coming soon, to hear about these and other upcoming events subscribe to the newsletter
The subscribe button is on the Home Page, there are only about three newsletters a year!
Workshops and Training Day Testimonials
- It has been a wonderful way to detach myself from a normal Sunday. I need to do more of this!
- The workshop was so useful in informing my own practice and my teaching. Great to look in detail at the bones with the skeleton!
- It was very interesting to look at bone structure and then to incorporate that knowledge into my practice.
- I particularly loved the pace, which was mindful, slow and precise, giving me time to experience all the floating movements, marvellous.
- Amanda's calm, centred, humble and very competent way of teaching made for a very therapeutic experience. Perfect amount of content - totally flowed seamlessly.
- Thank you very much Amanda for the day of yoga at Stowupland. Both you and the DVD were inspirational. You have whetted my appetite for finding out more about training in the mind/body field. I'm sure I wasn't the only one in Suffolk who went home feeling that they'd had a really good day and learnt a lot.
- I thoroughly enjoyed the day and found it very useful both as a teacher and a student. It has brought home the importance of fluidity as opposed to rigidity when practising yoga. The principles/ideas discussed and demonstrated will really help to enhance my personal practice, as well as that of my students, when I introduce them into my classes.
- I felt wonderful during the session - my body felt so fluid, everything was possible in body and mind. Lovely feeling.
- Just got back from the BWY regional AGM and Yoga Day. Very interesting day working with Amanda Latchmore on The Essential Breath. Exploring breathing patterns and techniques. Had a great day... hoping to incorporate some of Amanda's techniques in my classes.
- Amanda's tutoring has truly changed the way I transition into asanas and also the connection I feel to the earth when I'm practising yoga. I also think working from centre makes you stronger - physically and mentally.